Get ready for the Oscars!
It’s time, once again, to get ready for the Academy Awards! Or as Hollywood press reporters and AdAge.com call it, “The Superbowl for Women.” This year’s crop is incredibly interesting. Since expanding the field from 5 nominees to 10, the Oscars now include movies that people actually saw. Shocking, I know!
Let’s take a look at what webcomic types have to say about the nominees:
- The incomparable Emmy Cicierega takes a look at some Avatar fans who take their obsession a bit too far on her EmmyC LiveJournal.
Theater Hopper (or Brandon Carr, who did the guest strip) is probably one of those nerds.
Multiplex sits down on Santa’s lap and mediates both sides of the raging civil war over Avatar.
- Multiplex also wonders: which movie was really Juno for black people?
- You know a great site for webcomics about movies? Joe Loves Crappy Movies. Sometimes he watches not-so-crappy movies, like Disney’s Up.
- I’m going to also assume Up In the Air was similarly not crappy, though I’ve never seen it so what do I know?
- The HiJInks Ensue crew goes on a flavor adventure in the culinary wonderland that is District 9.
- Finally, Chud.com gives us a tantalizing glimpse of a world where Jack Kirby wrote Inglourious Basterds. (Yeah right I was going to link you to the digital comic from Playboy.)
So who’s going to win the Oscars this year? Why not click on this link to a guy who’s something of an authority on the matter.
Posted on March 5, 2010, in The Webcomic Overlook, webcomics and tagged Academy Awards, Avatar, District 9, Inglourious Basterds, Oscars, Precious, Up, Up in the Air. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.